Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by squamishhunter View Post
    Sounds like bullshit charges. If it was assault with a weapon I think you'd be looking for bail money instead.

Hopefully you can come out ahead.
    I think the 'weapon' referred to was the truck.
    That's definitely a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    I think the 'weapon' referred to was the truck.
    That's definitely a stretch.
    Not necessarily!
    Assault with a weapon charge can apply to anyone that willfully runs or tries to run over someone using a vehicle.

Example-charged with two counts of assault with a weapon...

http://globalnews.ca/news/3593315/su...r-hit-and-run/
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    No, if the closure is legal. Yes if it is an illegal blockade as encountered by Hogzotic.
    Unless there are a whole bunch of peeved off Indians there instead of one.
    And you know what side the government and cops are going to back.
    Just like Caledonia, Ontario.

The older Indians might be respectful of the resource but I've seen young Indians standing in the backs of pickups and shooting everything that moves more than once...they're the reason the moose populations have dropped. This is a free country and everyone should be able to access it...throw those illegally blockading criminals in jail!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    The older Indians might be respectful of the resource but I've seen young Indians standing in the backs of pickups and shooting everything that moves more than once...they're the reason the moose populations have dropped. This is a free country and everyone should be able to access it...throw those illegally blockading criminals in jail!
    That would take politicians, governments & LEAs with a lot more backbone & b*ll$ than what we have now.
    The indians are just laughing at us.
    The politicians will shamelessly go right down on their hands and knees to appease the indians.
    I was at Caledonia and it was truly shameful what went down there.
    The rule of law abandoned because of 'political correctness' which is just slang for cowardice.
    Last edited by pricedo; 07-16-2017 at 02:08 PM.

With the NDP now, they work closer with Indians then any other party, the greens are second and they love First Nations too.
    With the Libs you could consult and deal and wheel with all the users, butnow?
    We, all Indians and non Indians will see the NDP work on all issues including Indians.
    The NDP respect Indians as First Nations and will honor the agreements made from now on, including the ones already being followed.
    Some how the NDP snuck in thru the back door and now are taken the floor.
    Jel -- this change in leaders of BC and party's will change the way wild life and unions are looked at.

Hunters vote also!!! With respect to the charge of assault with a weapon charge, it was my truck that crown was saying was the weapon. When I asked my lawyer how the RCMP got charge approval for that, I was told by my lawyer that there was a very junior crown that gave charge approval. When challenged by my lawyer, that charge was quickly dropped!!
    I think hunters need to coordinate with each other when they know they may run into an illegal roadblock. Travel together so you have the necessary manpower to deal with it. Take the time to call the RCMP to see if they will do their job and if they don't then just go thru. I'm not promoting the use of violence, I'm suggesting not putting up with native bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    With the NDP now, they work closer with Indians then any other party, the greens are second and they love First Nations too.
    With the Libs you could consult and deal and wheel with all the users, butnow?
    We, all Indians and non Indians will see the NDP work on all issues including Indians.
    The NDP respect Indians as First Nations and will honor the agreements made from now on, including the ones already being followed.
    Some how the NDP snuck in thru the back door and now are taken the floor.
    Jel -- this change in leaders of BC and party's will change the way wild life and unions are looked at.
    Jelly cut back on your med's ..........
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

=-/--> Sorry 358, I lost it for a moment, you could be right lol, I just can't see me driving around a corner of a narrow part of the back road and there it is, Whoomp thar it iz.
    -- A road blocked by local Indians, a truck and a tree across the narrow road no way around even for a snake.
    - So I'm supposed to phone the RCMP and tell them so they can hurry up there to get these guys and gals off the road block so I can catch the evening hunt?
    -- Then if the Cops don't show up after I tell them too then ok, it's all up to me now?
    So then what get out of my truck and start arguing? I'd have to be wanting an altercation then.
    These guys and gals have Cell phones too maybe?
    -- All I'm trying to say is think a bit, is it worth it for you or I and a buddy to mix it up with local Indians in the back roads? What would we get out of that? Who and when is the shit going to hit the fan, cuz it will just like this thread has shown the potential results of contentious back road blockades.
    Jel -- I'm not afraid to mix it up in a street fight in town with some wanna be tuff guy but I ain't going to prove how tuff I am at a wilderness roadblock. You can do as you want and will but my choice would be to act friendly to them, talk a bit, share a coffee or drink, listen to their concern, who knows they might say hey man we don't usually do this, but your going thru redneck.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-17-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: LOOK UP the word Compromise in your dick tion ary.

Jelvis-i did all that...i chatted...negotiated and even tried to barter. All with no success.