Thread: Elk rut

Elk rut

Can anyone tell me when the elk start to rut and the duration particuarily in the Okanagan area? Curious as to whether or not bugling is still effective at this time in the season or whether the rut has just ended or is close to ending.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk rut

Guess there is only one way to find out!! If you are in an area that holds elk, let out some calls and see if you get any responses. I don't think it's too late yet.

2nd estrous should be firing up in about 6-10 days, they'll be active again then if they arent now.
    They're screaming on the island right now.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

me and my dad are goin for our leh elk in poweel river in the middle of november are they still gunna be callin then or is it best to cover as much area as possible and find the buggers