Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns and transit?

Re: Guns and transit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba123 View Post
    And if caught, you may be charged with concealing a weapon. Not such a good idea, IMHO
    Anyone could be charged with anything at anytime but provided the Law of C-68 is followed (unloaded firearm) adapting a different looking case is the same thing as any other case.

It's amazing how much the lamestream media has influenced the thinking of guys to be so anti-gun! Hating on firearms ownership and desiring to restrict firearms ownership is a hallmark of wrong thinking.

used to pack my bow in my case all the time on transit. never had any issue. chat with the drivers about hunting and guns most the time.

took transit with a new ruger rifle in a ruger box in plain view to once. nobody even noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    took transit with a new ruger rifle in a ruger box in plain view to once. nobody even noticed
    Which is surprising, because when used as a club a Ruger can be quite dangerous and relatively accurate.

I jest, of course, to poke fun at ole' Ruger1 but I haven't seen him around for a while. Did he get confused on when hunting season ended?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Pretty sure BC transit regulations don't allow weapons of any sort.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

im trying to find info on that. nothing yet

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/...statreg/377_85

some info on the ferries

he following is copied from the BCF website:

Ammunition: Small quantities of cartridges for small arms, rifles and shotguns are permitted on our ferries, provided they are securely packaged and are carried separately from the weapon. (See also "Firearms".)

Firearms: Firearms may be transported under the following conditions:

Firearms must be transported in compliance with Canadian Firearms Regulations. Firearms transported in vehicles must be unloaded, must not be visible from outside the vehicle and the vehicle must be locked at all times when unattended.

Foot passengers may transport firearms on board BC Ferries vessels provided the firearm is contained in an appropriate case or container and remains in the immediate care, custody and control of the owner, and is otherwise transported in compliance with the law. Foot passengers travelling on BC Ferries' northern routes between Port Hardy, Prince Rupert, mid-Coast ports and the Queen Charlotte Islands must report to the ship's officer once on board and are responsible for securing the firearm in a locker designated by the ship's officer. Passengers are not otherwise permitted to have firearms in their possession on board northern vessels.

www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/dangerous_cargo.html

Thatguy was just an idiot. I'm pretty sure that if you weren't telling people you were on a killing spree and didn't carry a loaded rifle on a bus, AND you found a decent lawyer, you could get off on carrying a rifle in a guitar case.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

for the bus im sure its up to the driver. its his bus. legal or not. radios arent allowed and their legal.