Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hunting pants recommendations?

Re: Hunting pants recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by 604ksmith View Post
    My Fjallraven Vidda Pro pants (or Fjallraven Keb), have become a favourite over my Kuiu. They're made out of a super durable G-1000 material that is waxable (and re-waxable) for extra waterproofness.

They're not wool quiet, but I've never felt they're a disadvantage. They also have awesome pockets, durability, and in general are a more multipurpose outdoorsman pant.
    Are hot are those pants while hiking? Do they breath pretty good?

Sitka timberline

Just finished two weeks of hard hunting for elk with my First lite Kanabs that I bought right before the hunt. I was really impressed, they wicked, kept me warm but we're breathable. I was worried about merino outer layer but we were in thick country and no rips. Was really impressed with them might buy another pair in camo. I bought and wore these in lieu of my sitka ascent pants.

Kuiu attacks get my vote. Breath nicely, super tough, dry quickly, comfortable and don't cost a huge amount of money.

You guys that wear Carhartts for mountain hunting are a special breed - to each their own I suppose, but nothing could be worse, IMO, than hiking up in wet, heavy denim. Nevermind the fact that they would never dry out......