Thread: 2x doubler

2x doubler

Hey just looking on some feedback. Who uses a 2x doubler on their swaro slc's? Are you happy with them in comparison to your spotter? How about in low light??

Thanks Mike
    Tell it how it is!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2x doubler

Looking forward to some answers on this one. I've wondered the same. It would sure save weight in your pack not carrying a spotter.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Not much of a spotting scope replacement really. With 10x binos you get 20X magnification. That's the low end where most spotting scopes start. You will suffer in low light as well compared to a 65 or 80mm objective lens. Exit pupil gets pretty small with the doubler.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 06-07-2016 at 07:43 PM.

I've got one. It's certainly not a replacement for a spotter, and I find that I have limited opportunities to utilize it. When I do get use out of it, I don't have a tripod to put it on, and usually, awkwardly, set it up on my pack, or log, or something to stabilize it, as it's pretty shaky at that magnification. To be honest, I have found it to be somewhat of a novelty, that has worn off. I don't even know if I put it in my pack this past year. With all that said, the swarovski doubler is better than some of the spotting scopes I've had the displeasure of looking through.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

You're more than welcome to borrow mine to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Looking forward to some answers on this one. I've wondered the same. It would sure save weight in your pack not carrying a spotter.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Just might take you up on that.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Hi Tbone..I did try that combo..not impressed at all..imo spotter and quality binos do different functions....the offer to try out the combo is generous and would be definitive..
    Good luck

Steven

Thanks gents! Sounds like I'm not missing anything. Hence why I've never seen it used before. Spotter weight was never an issue anyhow.
    Tell it how it is!!!

Not bin's but I have the 1.6 extender on my Kowa 883 spotter and am impressed at the lack of perceivable light lost.