Thread: August 12 Cowichan Bowmen

August 12 Cowichan Bowmen

Just a little heads up for next weekends 3D at Cow Bowmen. This is a Hunters Round/warmup shoot. We will not be posting any scores as I expect people will be bringing their range finders and using them. We have plenty of score cards if you do want to keep track of your score for your own interest. There will be a 20 animal course, with both morning and afternoon being one arrow rounds. We are going into the hole, but it is still not an overly long course. Bug spray is a good idea. Burgers/dogs for lunch and a raffle at the end of the day. hope to see ya there.

Ron

2. Site Sponsor

Re: August 12 Cowichan Bowmen

Ron, course looks good, I will be working on Sat so I won't be able to help put out targets.
    Hey Bowtalker are you bringing that thar there new fangeled fancy bow of yours and yer friends up to shoot this shoot?
    No pressure, no score cards ifin you don't want. I keep track of my scores [ Sort of, if I remember to get the score card } just to get an average for the year, and to see if my guessen is almost as good as a range finder.
    Last edited by Eagle1; 08-06-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

I don't think I will be there as I have a friend racing at Thunder in the Valley this year. He's got a driver racing a 55 Chev that turns low 10's, also a 72 Nova that turns 12's. But I never say never.........Ron
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

I hope to make it!! Question... are the targets suitable for broadheads? I'd love to get out and shoot my hunting setup.
    Last edited by The Hermit; 08-06-2007 at 11:11 PM.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Hermit, There is not a snowball's chance in hell that you will be able to shoot broadheads as the targets are the standard "foam"....Ron
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I hope to make it!! Question... are the targets suitable for broadheads? I'd love to get out and shoot my hunting setup.
    Too many people on the course for broadheads Bill - big time safety issue.

Hey Bowtalker are you bringing that thar there new fangeled fancy bow of yours and yer friends up to shoot this shoot?
    Heyt Bill, no-can-do..........it's our anniversary on that day. She-who-must-be-obeyed and I will be busy on Sunday.

Congrats!! This must be your 60th right? <razzz>
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Congrats!! This must be your 60th right? <razzz>
    Add them all together and........just maybe.

This is our 13th - doesn't feel like it though. Where was she when I got hitched the first time?

Wouldn't have had to go through all the BS that went with the first time around.

Just to confirm,

NO BROADHEADS ALLOWED at the shoot. We do have a broadhead pit but with the increased amount of people on the target butts the day of the shoot, this to is unsafe and will be out of bounds.

Ron