Thread: Region 5-2c and d

Region 5-2c and d

Just wondering how the hunting up in region 5(Got a draw this year) has been ? Years ago there was moose every where and some nice big bucks but have not been up there since 04 .. Any one wanna give me a heads up?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5-2c and d

Depends on what you what to hunt. Moose is all LEH and the deer, well there still is a lot. Lots of logging throughout with larger than ever openings. Winters have been mild. If you have a good spot, good chances it will still produce.

no moose or deer in 5-02c......... things are looking pretty good for this year in all seriousness. 4 of us have draws for moose in 5-02c in my family this year. oh and doe 5-14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

We hunted deer in november last year (5-02 zone d) and seen more moose than deer. I wouldn't think you would have to much trouble filling a moose draw.

Me and my dad were there a few weeks ago and we spotted some nice bucks but i have never seen a moose around there plus we spotted to Bear a sow with 3cubs and nice blackie...
    Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave

Quote Originally Posted by Dayto View Post
    Just wondering how the hunting up in region 5(Got a draw this year) has been ? Years ago there was moose every where and some nice big bucks but have not been up there since 04 .. Any one wanna give me a heads up?

have had moose success in region 5 for the past 4 years - works out great that my cabin is up there so can scout out before season to find new areas as logging has been pretty steady

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

ive got a bull draw for c, poot in there because my buddy was deer hunting last year and got a couple big bucks and said they saw 11 bulls in the 5 days they were there.

whens your draws????
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

We will be there October 15-31'st from 2001-2004 we always had our game down in the first 72 hrs , it was great we will set up at Elk lake .. and Ill be Speanding a fair amonunt of time at the "Oasis Pub" lol