Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble shooting

Re: Trouble shooting

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Funny..?....she told me to come on by and visit.......thought you would be there too.......??
    Bwahhahahahhahaha!!!
    You be nice or I'll make you go chase Beer Belly's bigger cousin Bubba Belly!!

Moved the knot on the drop away string to bring the rest back up to it's max height at full draw. Problem solved. Needed to play with it a little still as the rest is dropping a little too slow but it should be good to go. First group I shot was pretty decent.

The knot must have moved when I tried to take the bow out of my pack though the knot seemed pretty tight.

BowWalker- One thing I did notice was that my cables are indeed touching. I inverted the slider and put the cables back in and the problem was solved.......except that the hole for the rest string was then on the wrong side(top). It seems like the slider is for a lefthanded bow.
    I'll check into that further when I can hit a bow shop.

Thanks all!

SSS

Bow Walker Guest

One way to ensure this doesn't happen again is something like this.......

Thanks BowWalker.
    I'm either going to do it that way or go back to my Whisker Bisquit. The guy that set up my bow recommended going back to the WB if I only using my bow for hunting and not 3-D.

SSS

If you have a peep sight, check to see if it has moved from the usual position. It does not take much movement to be off 8-10 inches.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

The peep is tied in.
    Paper tuning revealed Arrow flight was comprimized. Drop away rest was not coming up to the top. I raised the rest and arrow flight was much better.
    A peep that has moved won't result in a flailing arrow. Just a shifted impact point.
    I don't know much but I've learned this by hanging out here.

SSS

Bow Walker Guest

sss,
    You're right - if you only hunt with the setup there is nothing at all wrong with a WB. Fact is, it's one of the best ones for strictly hunting purposes.

Just getting back into the archery thing after about 10 years, and I forgot what a blast it is.

My arrows, though they fly fairly straight, have a bit of a "fish-tail" action to them. What causes this? can I remedy this? Is it that big a problem?

Any info would help, thanks guys.
    "The Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world"

Hey Steve, If your going with a whiskerbisket, check this out first nice rests just got one and I love it

http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoasthunter View Post
    Just getting back into the archery thing after about 10 years, and I forgot what a blast it is.

My arrows, though they fly fairly straight, have a bit of a "fish-tail" action to them. What causes this? can I remedy this? Is it that big a problem?

Any info would help, thanks guys.
    What are you shooting and what are the specs of your setup?

There could be a few things that make the arrows fishtail.

Check for fletching clearance as the arrow leaves the rest. If there is contact this will cause your arrow to be 'kicked' aside and the resulting fishtail could be your arrow trying to correct itself.

Another cause Cord be the rest itself. If it isn't set at 'centershot' this could cause a fishtail effect. Usually the string, the center of your rest prongs, and your sight pins should all be inline when you hold the bow perpendicular. The arrow should follow this line as it extends out from the rest. This straight line is a good starting point for tuning.

The spine of the arrows could also cause some unusual flight characteristics. Underspine will cause the arrow to porpoise or corkscrew as the tries to calm out an excessive amount of 'archer's paradox'.

Over spine can cause your arrow to try swap ends or appear to fly in a nose down attitude. Usually you will hit low of your aim point.