Thread: Crayfish pics

Crayfish pics

we had an awesome time snorkeling and crayfish trapping this weekend. Tons of video footage (clear water, underwater) to put together. Should have an awesome video up in a week or two but in the meant time here's a couple pics showing some of our bounty:

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crayfish pics

those are pretty decent sized must have been a good feast

A couple were monsters. Most of them were big enough to get a decent portion from the pincers as well. Ate every last tail and claw before falling into a crayfish induced food coma for the second night in a row.

I went through all the video on our 40 inch TV last night. It looks amazing... about 2 hours worth. I'm going to try and chop it down into 10 mins showing the trap setup, snorkel-overs, catching a few "manually" (with a net), next-morning snorkel-over, then the big haul. The water is crystal clear and we had two underwater cams in action.

Looking forward to the video, nice looking haul there!
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Awesome! My mouth is watering

This should be cool...use to catch them in the Nicomekl...eons ago...

Redneck Surf n Turf! We caught a bunch a couple years ago on the Nanaimo while over visiting and exploring. Sooo good.

I'm hoping to get the video out sometime this weekend. I've been converting video all week in the little spare time that I have so I can import it into the editor. It's a long process, trying to figure out how to chop up 3 hours with of footage into a stimulating 5-10 minute clip, that's for sure. Lots of sorting and chopping. I've wanted to do this for years, but it always got put on the back burner. This year with all our favorite rivers/streams closed, it was a no brainer to get it done. I'm happy with all the footage and I'll enjoy re-watching it along with our other videos over the winter. I get a little bummed out between mid-December and the beginning of March... all this video work will be great therapy!!

That's fantastic!! Mind sharing the lake u were at?
    Also if ur in to snorkling, I highly recommend pavilion lake. Unreal.

Oops. I ended up posting it in the Fishing section here http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...Trapping-Video