Thread: Help in PG

Help in PG

I moved from the Island to PG late last year, now that spring is here I am itching to get out and about again. I am a big recreational shooter, non - restricted mostly and love shooting my bow... Where I moved from of course it was familiar, I had my range and that is where I went. All of that being said I am looking for some suggestions and input on ranges for firearms and bow and or places to rec shoot without up setting anyone! Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help in PG

Bow- you can use your backyard. Nothing illegal about it here
    Or

Silvertip archery- google them

Range- we have the PG R&G club here with paid membership.

If you want to shoot at a 'pit', hit the Salmon Valley FSR north of town- at around the 8km mark theres one on the right.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

There's the Lynx Lake range down the blackwater, or the 1000 yrd range across the road from it, which is PGRGC membership access. I like the pit at lower mud river, but is hit and miss with the gate being open, the pit Dawg is talking about is good for 300ish yrds ill bet. Better yet, go for a drive down any FSR and find some new spots and clunk a couple black bears too! Any ??'s just give me a shout, I'm sort of friendly, well, I'm a miserable *******, but i'll answer your ??'s!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    If you want to shoot at a 'pit', hit the Salmon Valley FSR north of town- at around the 8km mark theres one on the right.
    i was there today, it's starting to get junky. I cleaned up a bags worth, maybe next time I'm out there I'll fill my pickup box.

Ya; I'm not looking forward to the first trip to my usual spot. Couple of loads there for sure.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Try this in Google maps
    53°53'58.9"N 122°31'24.1"W This is were I go, nice and quiet most of the time and not much garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by cash12 View Post
    Try this in Google maps
    53°53'58.9"N 122°31'24.1"W This is were I go, nice and quiet most of the time and not much garbage.
    Funny. I put your lat and long in to google search. Your post came up first under the map.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.