Thread: Decoy paint

Decoy paint

I just got 60 old decoy from and old time friend and they are in need of reprinting what and where is the best paint

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Decoy paint

You can get decoy paint its non UV and comes in species kits. I think the last I got was from Cabelas in Oregon but I'm sure they would have it mail order
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

If it were me I would scrub them up really good, prime them with Bullseye 123 and paint them with Acrylic latex. I'd get the primer tinted gray so if you get chips ain't that noticeable. On the flip side, decoys are so cheap nowadays it's hard to justify the cost and effort to refurbish old ones, good luck! K

What are they? duck, goose, floaters, full bodies, shells? If they are duck floaters I would probably repaint the as something else, divers or sea ducks, dekes that aren't commonly on sale. puddle duck dekes are pretty cheap
    This is what I do with my worn out duck dekes

I scuffed them, washed, flashed, rescuffed, washed, and then primed flat black. I used the Krylon camo ultra matt black, the colour is acrylic paint that from art deco. It isn't cheap but it was left over from my mom painting murals on the walls of the nursery.

just my two cents, if you need more clarification let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

i have that same play matt 303,wanna have a play date?

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    i have that same play matt 303,wanna have a play date?
    Isn't Costco grand My boys don't share their cars well so come over at your own risk lol

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Duck floaters

I'm not trying to discourage you, if you ant to paint them go ahead. The method I previously mentioned is how I would go about it, though with puddlers I base coat brown and then colour from their. It is a time consuming project, but rewarding. Can't say I would repaint puddlers, but I have a decent collection of puddler, and diver/seaduck dekes aren't readily avail to me, so I do repaints they aren't amazing but they are effective.

just my thoughts