Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decoy weights

Re: Decoy weights

Flooded field?? One oz would work

if it's open and prone to high winds, then the smallest cupcake pan is ideal. Then as other have mention cotter pins or coat hangers for eyes, and if you're running shallow fields then texas rigging is the way to go, no tangles, quick deployment and recovery. If you have a Fastenal near you get the heavy gauge aluminum crimps, and then a spool or tangelfree cord, 1 carabineer per 18 dekes and you're laughing. I'll go take some pics to help explain this better

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

K, lets see if this making more sense now;
    these are the smallest cupcake baking sheets we use

Use the good bakers secret ones, they pop the mold out better and last longer in general

This what a dozen texas rigged floaters looks like, I rig them about 4' in length. This gives me more flexibility, between flooded fields and the shallow tidal areas we hunt, plus the longer line lets the dekes move around more in the flooded fields on windy days. this is how they are stored on a biner, and extra slack looped up;

This is a single deke, show with a store bought deke weight that I picked up for less than what bulk lead is worth. You can see the tanglefree cord (any tough line with work, tarred nylon etc) is passed through the deke, the weight crimped, and then a loop crimp on the opposite end.

Here is a close up of the aluminum crimp, I use these as 100 of these from Fastenal are worth the same as a dozen "waterfowling" crimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.