Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The addiction has begun...

Re: The addiction has begun...

Ok kid... WELL DONE! Now you are well on your way to losing sleep... cutting class... having relatives pass away sporadically throughout hunting season and using this excuse so you can cut work... Spending your last $20 bucks on fuel so you can hunt!!! You will get very creative with macaroni to save money for bullets and fuel... You will learn to love the shittiest weather... Your mom will worry and as for dating in the fall.... forget it... You will see the world in shades of black brown green and grey... You will learn to drive with one eye on the road and the other scouting the hill sides... XBOX will bore you... Summer will be the longest time of the year and it will be painful... You will learn to study animal poop... The work "rack" will have one meaning... you will pile up a collection of knives and only use two of them... It goes on and on... Yup its an addiction! And you will love it!!!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

unreal deer! so much character

Awesome buck there Cervid, welcome to HBC!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    good muley dude!
    I'm pretty sure that Cervid is a dudette....

Wow what a buck! Awesome!
    Twist and pull.

It started out for me when a friend invited me out to go hunting with him because I had a truck and he didn't, that was 14 years ago. There isn't a Spring and summer that goes by that I don't obsess about my plans for the coming fall, if anything as I get older it's getting worse.

That is a smokin rack that deer has, great job man and keep up the great work! How much would you say that Deer weighed on the hoof?

Paul
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    Awesome buck there Cervid, welcome to HBC!

I'm pretty sure that Cervid is a dudette....
    Don't tell me I'm going to have to resort to pink camo haha

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyman View Post
    It started out for me when a friend invited me out to go hunting with him because I had a truck and he didn't, that was 14 years ago. There isn't a Spring and summer that goes by that I don't obsess about my plans for the coming fall, if anything as I get older it's getting worse.

That is a smokin rack that deer has, great job man and keep up the great work! How much would you say that Deer weighed on the hoof?

Paul
    We didn't get around to weighing him however his heart girth is 47" so according to the chart that would put him around 310 lbs on the hoof or 251 lbs after getting field dressed.

way to go, Cervid. You choose a nice name here, so you are into the antler bearing members...... wait till bear hunting or calling in coyotes will get you.....
    congrats on the nice buck.
    If you ever get an elk, don't miss the 'unknown' little trophy, the canines in the upper jaw..... yes right, a true cervidae like elk and red stag have remnant canines....
    the stag ones are named 'grandeln'......
    Always keep a sharp knife handy
    www.terrierblades.com
    "Like" us onFacebook http://www.facebook.com/Terrier-Blades

Buck of a lifetime! Way to go. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.