Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relatively new to hunting and wanting to do some grousing.

Re: Relatively new to hunting and wanting to do some grousing.

Quote Originally Posted by shuswapbear View Post
    Lol just wish I had actually got at least one of them
    Lol, yeah I know what you mean...well go there on a sunny morning and if they're a bit obscured by brush use a heavy 3" pheasant load in #6 shot for your 20 gauge, if it's only chambered in 2 3/4" just use the heaviest load you can find in #6...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Which one is the SA fr? Is that the one going up to the lookout from Glen Eden?

Hey shuswapbear,,,,I from kamloops and hunt the chase area 1-3 times a week,,,I have some good spots for chickens for ya,,,just a heads up though,,,,u should get ur self a white tail deer tag,,,,and go get a box of slugs for the 20 gauge,,,cost ya bout $6.00 for a box of 5,,, that will do you fine,,,,I hunt most of my deer every year with my 12 gauge,,,u can easily bring down a deer with the 20 gauge,,,with a half decent shot of course like anything else

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Hey shuswapbear,,,,I from kamloops and hunt the chase area 1-3 times a week,,,I have some good spots for chickens for ya,,,just a heads up though,,,,u should get ur self a white tail deer tag,,,,and go get a box of slugs for the 20 gauge,,,cost ya bout $6.00 for a box of 5,,, that will do you fine,,,,I hunt most of my deer every year with my 12 gauge,,,u can easily bring down a deer with the 20 gauge,,,with a half decent shot of course like anything else
    I'm not sure if I am anywhere near ready for that plus the missus isn't too fond of deer meat but she likes other wild game meat. For now I think I will stick to grouse or maybe a pheasant, maybe even wild turkey think that would be cool to get one.
    Last edited by shuswapbear; 10-29-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Hey just another noob don't know about the sa area but I'm down around Merritt and last time I went out saw lots of chickens around brought 5 of them home and made them into soup.... 20g is my fav with a #6 shot as well wing them in the air and It saves a lot of the meat.