Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrow length

Re: Arrow length

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
    Sorry but I don't agree with the one inch past the rest idea. Some people may get lucky with that theory but you will be using arrows too stiff or too flimsy for your bow if you don't do it properly.

Bowzone uses the arrow node theory which works too but usually the node will put it way past the rest. My target arrows were cut to the node and they are 30.5" long and I am a 27"DL.

If you want to know what length is optimal for your particular bow and DL then PM me and I will run your numbers. I am away for a week on holidays but will do it when I return.
    i like your thoughts on it.
    i'll definitely be pm'ing you.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jw10112 View Post
    Like most guys are sayin, one inch past your riser(not including your broadhead or field tip)

one inch past the "riser" sounds better, but some are saying one inch past the rest.
    that seems way too short.

Sorry but I don't agree with the one inch past the rest idea. Some people may get lucky with that theory but you will be using arrows too stiff or too flimsy for your bow if you don't do it properly.

Bowzone uses the arrow node theory which works too but usually the node will put it way past the rest. My target arrows were cut to the node and they are 30.5" long and I am a 27"DL.

If you want to know what length is optimal for your particular bow and DL then PM me and I will run your numbers. I am away for a week on holidays but will do it when I return.

Really?
    I just cut my ACC 3-39s to 28 ish" and my rest is right on its Node .... my lightspeed 400s were a little longer to get the Node

I shot a couple of Vegas rounds with those ACCs yesterday after building them on Saturday, ... as long as I did my part they were in the X ...

New arrows and rig specs
    ACC 3-39 cut at 28"
    70 grain parabolic points
    FF187 vanes
    total weight 324.6-324.9 grains across the dozen
    shot from an Elite Pure at 29" draw at 61# pounds
    322 fps

Now Granted those measurements are according to my Arrow saws tape .. witch may not be that accurate as I didnt install it ... but my arrows are way shorter than 30 " is my point ... I know I cut off little more than 4" off the 32" stock shaft
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 03-18-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Sorry but I don't agree with the one inch past the rest idea.
    agree with Jonas here and as Bowzone mentioned as well this is old school but if your going to go that route, like BZ mentioned 1'' past riser not rest.......if you ever change your rest from say a Hogg Premier to a Phantom drop away (or many others) you'll now be to short to draw your arrow if you have gone the 1'' past rest method...........

arrow node works for me as well but I prefer the archer advantage method best, it's a great program with endless data suited for most applications, as also mentioned most just cut for speed which may mess up proper spine for "your" setup...........