Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decoy Question

Re: Decoy Question

I do see WSS has Flambeau Classic Pintail Decoys. I'm sure I can find the cheaper elswhere but anyone know if the quality if any good on these? I did a fair bit of research on the GHG and Tangle Free decoys is ordered, and for the most part get pretty good reviews for decent realism/durability. Can't find too much on these Flambeau Classic Pintail Decoys.

Flambeau are crap. Paint peels off first year. However they work. You just got to think of them as disposable.

Spend money on a layout blind.

Spend money on a remote for mojo.

Spend $70 plus on a quality call.

Biggest factor is spend time getting quality areas to hunt. Permission and scouting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

as stated flemboo paint is not the greatest,pay for the good stuff once.

Or spray your decoys with flat clear - steel wool them - spray again - repeat three times, and your deecs wont peel in a hurry!

I do this to all my deecs - flambeau or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)