Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning goose hunt.

Re: Morning goose hunt.

Good deal Reno, sounds like you all had a blast. If you were in the Cowichan Valley I do believe we heard that 10g.

Yes, sure was Tanya, and you know there's nothing like the sound of a 10g, at first light with a slight chill in the air in beautiful Cowichan valley, and the sound of Big Canada's arriving. I love it. thanks Tanya

I have a really nice gourmet goose sausage recipe, I will be posting soon wonder if there are some interested members ?

Well done!!! Looks like a happy group!!!
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Yes we sure were happy, thanks Chessieguy, The Beretta's did there job, 2 happy DU members as well.

Well Tanya, thought I'd add one last post for yesterday's goose hunt. It started with a nice calm morning with a 6k wind, as we approached are area to set up, we were greeted by 200 trumpeter swans resting, quite a site to be surrounded by these magnificent birds. There was a few Canada's in amongst them but not enough shooting light. Blind set,awaiting shooting light,and hoping at a crack at the Canada's , they foiled the plan and headed in the wrong direction. we had 7 or 8 big formations pass, nice mature birds but none interested in coming in for a visit. Finally a promising flock of 4 big Canada's approached seemingly out of nowhere and silent and circled our bind and decoys three times getting lower each pass, but opted to rest passed us, we managed to get them in the air again but no luck again, to bad as it was like a dream the way they came in picture perfect. again we were blessed with a flock of 6 this time only to have them split on approach 3 left and the other 3 settled just to the other side of us at 400 yards,oh well. The highlight of the day way three nice big Canada's at 11 am came in right at us at 10 feet off the ground, the lead bird was 4 ft head and the 2 following side by side , as they were upon our decoys the lead bird turned and I downed him on the first shot, moving to the right I put two shots on the second birds and downed a second, the third bird escaped unfortunately. it was very quite after that, with lots of birds flying, ducks ect but no geese. The weather got very windy mid afternoon with rain,overcast and looked promising 8-10 Canada's arrived and landed of course 200 yards short of the blind, we decided to try and get closer and see if we could get a shot once we got them in the air but no luck. All in all a great day out, lots of laughs and great memories to share, left though with 2 nice vary large Canada's. Glad to share the day we had with you, hope next year will be better, with the new learned lessons of this year.
    Last edited by RENO; 03-11-2012 at 06:22 PM.

I think we may have driven by your rig yesterday RENO, do you have a big black F150??

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I think we may have driven by your rig yesterday RENO, do you have a big black F150??
    Yes, stop and chat next time, always nice to meet new hunters.