Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Non-Typical Blacktail!!

Re: Non-Typical Blacktail!!

Dana, hunting pressure on the island is probably the least of the factors preventing island bucks from sporting headbones like the blackies on the mainland. Wolves kicked the crap out of island deer herds in the 80's and 90's,as well prime oldgrowth winter range is very scarce. The productive practises of burning slashes is also no longer done and the slashes are not as productive. So poor groceries,poor winter range and a wolf population out of control drove down island deer numbers. Cougers too take their share. There are a bunch of Whitie sub-species so is it that much of a stretch to say those monster coastal range bt's could be a sub-species of Blacktail?
    Blacktailaholic

It's funny when you get a half decent blacktail everyone says it must have mulie in it. When I posted this thread last year
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...acktail+scored

I had a few PMs telling me to quit calling it a blacktail. It was a hybrid. Look at all the white in the face in the pic. Well it's a blacktail through and through. No mulies close to the sunshine coast here.....but it's not a Vanc Island deer so it can't be a pure blacktail

Dave cut the bullshit u know thats a mulie lol....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Quote Originally Posted by 3kills
    Dave cut the bullshit u know thats a mulie lol....
    Shhhhhhhhhh

WTF!! Did this turn into the Mark bashing thread? Nice buck, just the same. Not to fan the flames on the debate but being that close to the BC boundary for a recordable BT, you have to wonder a little. I'm just glad that when I shoot a muledeer that there is no question unless it's a whitetail. A true blacktail to be reconized should be isolated, because it is so closely related to a muledeer, who to say it is not 75% muledeer. Cool looking rack just the same. JUST AN OPINION save the bashing for the others.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!