Thread: BIG FAT MALLARDs! :D

BIG FAT MALLARDs! :D

went out to chilliwack to check out some of the corn fields for ducks, just took the over/under and waders. got to the field at around 3. there were ducks flying everywhere! but mostly out of range. should have brought the deeks. well got some shots and managed 5 mallards on the wing, my first drake of the season!
    Will be out there next weekend for sure!.
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BIG FAT MALLARDs! :D

Nice shooting, will also be out next weekend!
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

"I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

They sure were flying on Saturday. I took my son out and he dropped 3 greenheads. With 3 shots! He was jump shooting in our ditch and came upon two groups. I have him trained to pick out greenheads so that he focuses on a single bird instead of the whole flock. It seems to work for him. All the time we were out there were flock after flock of mallards in the air.

Nice bag lad.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    They sure were flying on Saturday. I took my son out and he dropped 3 greenheads. With 3 shots! He was jump shooting in our ditch and came upon two groups. I have him trained to pick out greenheads so that he focuses on a single bird instead of the whole flock. It seems to work for him. All the time we were out there were flock after flock of mallards in the air.
    oh yeah, jump shooting is fun! I usually wait until there is some good amount of snow on the ground, and then walk along the creeks and ditches and jump shoot wood ducks and mallards!