One of my friends was going to through used Victoria looking for a deal on some hunting equipment whe he stumbled on to this add.

Hi

I'm looking for some property owners ( fields Etc) that have geese/ducks at his land. I have all the legal papers that one needs to hunt or carry a weapon (gun or a bow)

Thanks,
This is the picture that was with the ad.

Hmm, this picture looks familar? It even had the HuntingBC water mark in the ad. So I figured I'd play his game and get someone to send an email off to this chap to see if I could get at least a name.

Here is the email and his reply.

Hi there ducks and geese sound good,yes you are allowed to hunt ducks and geese when they are in season.Duck and geese season was over as of last week. It will reopen again on feb 21 or so.If you like there can be as little as two people or many as five people at one time.No the dog belongs to a friend of mine, great hunter. If you like to eat ducks and geese I could clean them for you as well,in return for you allowing us on your property. Please let us know when would be the best time for you.
CHEERS!

> Subject: UsedVictoria.com: Buyers Question - LAND FOR HUNTING*
> To: styles_133@msn.com
> From: info@usedeverywhere.com
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:54:56 -0600
>
>says: Hi. I may be able to help you out. I have some land here on Vancouver Island that has ducks and geese on it all the time. Are you allowed to hunt canadian geese in Canada? I thought they were illegal to hunt?
> How often were you thinking of hunting it and when is the hunting season. How many of you would be on my property? Is that your dog? Is it well trained? I would not want it to bother my livestock? Get back to me as I am seriously considering it. Would you be able to give me a few ducks and geese for the use of the land?
>
I've never met this person let alone hunted with him. He lied even when asked about the dog in the picture. This why it's so hard for us honest people out there to get permission to hunt. Because some people don't have the common decency to tell the truth and have to steal other peoples pictures from the internet and using the HuntingBC watermark to portray that they are decent law abiding hunters but in reality they lie through there teeth to try and get a piece of land to hunt on.

The email address is in the quotation if anyone wants to give him a piece of their mind.

Marc.