Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
The months are ticking away till sheep season. Started my exercise regime 2 mile walks with 20 pound pack for next 2 weeks then will add 10 pounds and on weekend hikes up the mountain. AS the weeks tick by ill add 10 pounds at a time and once a week in the boxing gym . 2 stone sheep hunts this year one to help my buddies 12 year old kid on his grand slam and a solo sheep hunt for myself. Both hunts in region 7. Ive hunted with the same rifle for 40 years a 7mm mag husquvarna with 162 gr rounds with a swarovski 3x9 scope. i have swarovski 10x42 binos but leaving them behind and using 10x42 Carson Binos(i really like them), Stone Glacier backpack , swarovski spotting scope . With food im around 56 pounds, boots are lowa tibets gtx(they are awesome) and sitka raingear. as well i never hunt without my walking poles.
Are you 56lbs including the weight of your rifle and poles? I always include everything that’s being carried by me except for the clothes and boots I’m wearing. So everything in or strapped to pack, rifle, binos strapped to chest, poles in hand. That always puts me right around 68-70lbs for a full 14-15 days.