Thread: Made these guys day!

Threaded View

Made these guys day!

It's been a banner season so far for our Pittwaterfowlers group. Lots of birds around and our friends have done very well.
    First up:

Made these boys day.

They hunt a field adjacent to ours, it’s a crappy location, blueberry field with a slough along the edge. There’s a Cranberry field across the slough and the owner doesn’t want them shooting over it.

Our field was hot, we were focusing on mallards and mostly greenheads when we saw some high flying geese coming. The boys skybusted at them and one lost altitude and came our way. My buddy Chris anchored it and said he would go give it to the guys that hit it as it may have hit within our back field (approx 300yds).

I suggested my buddy invite them over seeing as we had hundreds of Widgeon decoying great and we’re passing on them. (I also suggested a "Sucker" band for the goose but after much laughter we decided not to!).

Turns out it was their first goose! These 2 came over very excited and first bird in drops at the shot, “my first duck!” We all laughed, his buddy had shot a few but it was this fellows first bird.

They shot pretty good but ran out of ammo, we have plenty of Kent with us as we are Ambassadours for Kent Cartridge Canada but they shot 2 3/4”. We let them use our guns and ammo to get their first limits of 8 birds each! They were also presented patches declaring them members of the Shoot and Release club because of their misses. A good laugh from everyone!

It was also our buddy Chips last hunt with us, we finished our last 4 birds to limit and headed in.

Great memory of Chips last hunt with us before he move back to Ontario…

Last edited by Dano; 11-26-2023 at 07:09 AM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor