I recently made friends with a gentleman who has a dairy farm and a waterfowl problem. He would consider it a favour to him if I came and killed the birds eating his crops lol. My 2 sons are pumped to go kill some birds with me...apparently at times he has hundreds of birds in his fields.

Apparently there is some crop protection rules that allow you to hunt out of season..is anyone familiar with this?

Im pretty new to duck and goose hunting because Ive never had anywhere good to hunt. I have 12 mallard decoys. My friend has access to a bunch of decoys and pop up blinds. I have a mossberg 835 pump that takes 3.5" and a mossberg 930 semi that takes 3". What size factory ammo for ducks vs geese should I be buying? I like the idea of 3" as I can reload them and theyd work in both guns..Also any other advice on resources to check out and learn set ups etc..

Ive been reloading buckshot and slugs and would like to load some steel shot..glancing through the lyman reloading manual alliant steel powder sewms to be the go to and available but all the recipes are fed f09a primers which seem to be unavailable..I have w209s and cheddittes..