Black owl....just so I can understand where you're coming from. Can I ask where you live and what you do for a living???
Where I'm from, a large percentage of people make their living from the forest industry. In fact, that's true for towns all over B.C. Many of these thriving towns would be decimated and the economy of B.C. would collapse without our natural resources sector. Sorry, not a sacrifice I'm willing to make so that hunting opportunities are at a level you find acceptable. You talk about the evil companies not looking to the future....would it surprise you to know that companies like west fraser and canfor have begun logging blocks for the second time??? Areas that they rehabbed and replanted back in the 60's....but yeah, noones looking ahead. I lived through and hunted in a region that saw the most concentrated and intensive decades of logging activities this province has ever seen. And the ungulates absolutely thrived in it.....of course, the ministry was managing predators back then. Gee, I wonder if stopping predator management could possibly have anything to do with lower ungulate numbers...hmmmm

As far as your plan to limit "new hunters", self serving much??? If you're concerned about hunter numbers.....why don't YOU step away from hunting??? Asking others not to hunt, so you can continue hunting with presumably better chances of success??? It's your plan, so put your money where your mouth is and hang up your guns.
I could go on, but basically all I see in the original post is a bunch of requests for OTHER people to make sacrifices so your hunting experience is what you believe it should be.

Jmo
Chris