The kind of transmission on an atv makes a big difference to how noisy it is too. On my little Honda I can put around in second gear and keep the revs low. That in combo with the extra Kolpin exhaust makes my machine pretty quiet. I’ve come up on other people who have commented that they couldn't hear me until I was almost in eye sight and within a few hundred yards.

On the other hand, a buddy has a Kodak 450 with the cvt. He also has a Kolpin added but because he has to rev the machine up to get it to move I can hear him a fair ways off. His machine is a fair bit louder just idling too.

I’m not big on putting endless miles on my quad while hunting and for the most part I subscribe to the notion that you need to get away from the roads in order to find consistent and better quality animals. But I’ve also drove up a old spur with the idea of getting as far as I could then hiking to the timber. Once off the machine I only made it a hundred yards when one of the biggest whitetail I’ve shot got up out of his bed. I’m a believer the quiet machine in combo with the rain that day made it happen. While I would have rather got him in the timber I’ll gladly take a freebie.