Thread: why not one more goat story to get us through COVID... from the past

Threaded View

Re: why not one more goat story to get us through COVID... from the past

Up we went, mindful of foot placement so wedidn’t cause a mini shale slide and alert the goat. At this point the heart was pumping with excitement.

Buddy and I reached the last rock knoll that separated us from viewing the beast in very close proximity. I peeled off the pack, and belly crawled up the last bit… all off a sudden I see the black horns sticking up… “holy sh*t…he is right there!”. I dropped back out of view for a moment, grabbed my pack and laid it on the ground to use as a rest. Through the scope all I could see was the tips of the horns… and he was close… 15-20 yards close! Now we had to get the beast to rise… buddy tried a few quiet “bahs…”, but nothing. Finally on the 4th and not so quiet “bah” the goats heads lifts, looks, and begins to rise…

Before the goat is fully standing, there is a loud bark on the mountain top. Both shoulders taken out and the beast is back in his bed with his back end kicking wildly as he wedged himself up against a rock face. He wasn’t going anywhere….
    Last edited by bang flop; 01-20-2021 at 11:14 PM.