I was a still hunter for most of my 40 year hunting career; grew up chasing blacktails, then switched to muleys and now concentrate on whitetails. And that means changing my tactics. I still still hunt the odd time, but I chase WT's with a crossbow and still hunting with that thing is a challenge in it's self, never mind the whitetails. So I now scout the hell out of an area, figure out the feeding and bedding area and set up closer to the bedding area, I set up ground blinds in positions that give me the best advantage to the prevailing winds depending weather. Then I sit. It took me a long time to learn to sit, a long time. But now I look forward to it. I have a small tablet that I use to play games or review trail cam photos and I love to read, so a book is always with me. I read, play games and watch, lots of watching. But it is successful as I have killed 6 bucks in 7 years. But I don't see a lot. This year I sat for around 40 hours and saw 5 deer; two fawns, a doe and two bucks. But the freezer is full!

I do rattle and use the can call/grunt tube and this years buck came to the can call. Have not rattled in a buck yet that I know of, but the can call and grunt tube have had lots of action.

Sitting or still hunting both work and each application has it's pros and cons. No matter what method you use, play the wind, always be vigilant and be ready to make a decision and act on it because they don't give you many chances .

Good Luck

Cheers

SS