Sorry to post this twice but I thought some might miss it because I posted in in the dog food thread.

Hi all,

For those of you that have aging dogs with joint stiffness and pain there is a suppliment called Green Lipped Muscle that is amazing! A friend had a lab that was 10+ years and was very stiff and sore...he had trouble getting up and down and couldn't do more than a few stairs at a time.
She put him on a vet food that had the green lipped muscle and she got another good 1 1/2 from him where he was doing stairs with no trouble and had good mobility.
I am sure with a little poking around the internet you could find the powdered form of it.
It would also be great for the body soreness in hunting dogs.
Here is a little blurb about it:
The green-lipped mussel is a shellfish from Australia and New Zealand. The mussel flesh is powderized and supplemented as a source of chondroitin and other glycosaminoglycans. The glycosaminoglycans maintain and rebuild connective tissue such as cartilage, tendons and ligaments as well as reduce inflammation, which results in reduced joint pain and stiffness, less inflammation, and quicker recovery from exercise and injury.
Just thought that I would share a little known product that seems to have big results...
Cheers,
Alisha