Thread: Instead of retirement towns, towns to buy in for a family

Threaded View

Instead of retirement towns, towns to buy in for a family

Didn’t want to hi-jack retirement thread, but I’m seriously looking to buy a home/property away from the city.

A little bit bit about me; I’m 30 years old, engaged , have my daughter who is 7. I work in film building sets in north Vancouver. Hate it here more and more each day. Like most of you on this forum I bet you love your space, freedom and the outdoors plus a little less traffic.

Not looking for for anything fancy or “dream home” done to the tits. Just want a place to call my own with space, friendly town, elementary/secondary school for my daughter. Kinda with in driving range to continue with work down in the city living out of my camper for the week or two then driving back home for the weekend. This might not be for everyone but it’s a choice I’ve excepted for myself if I can have some freedom. My “wife” is a care aid so any place with a hospital would be good too. Doesn’t have to close to good hunting because I’d still drive if I have to for that.

Places that have our interest is Armstrong, Kamloops, caribou, pemberton but pemberton is already out of our price range sadly. My price range is 250-450$ with $500 pushing it. Any input would be great and helpful.

Retirement thread has been helpful but I can’t be completely out in the boonies with my daughter being young and in school
    Last edited by Huntingtyler123; 07-22-2019 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Oops

2. Site Sponsor