Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
Hi Guys Just got back from the line and wanted to tell you how the day went, and how much work it takes to trap wolves. Day started actually yesterday picking up 600+ pounds of bait getting sleds and all the gear ready for trip to the line. We left a 5 am from the lower mainland, stopped in Hope for fuel and quick snack ($195). We were on the line ,unloaded and ready to go by 8 am. First bait pile is a short 23 KM ride by snow mobile (real bad snow 3' of soft stuff). Because for the amount of new snow ,all 38 snares had to be reset (close to 3 1/2 hours)also added 12 more (1 !/2 hours)on some to the new trailed coming into the bait. While I was doing this, Cole my 12 year old son made 3 trips back to the truck for more bait and refuel ($27)for a total of 92 KM . Next Bait pile only another 12 KM down the trail, reset 27 snares and add 9 new (4 hours) . Cole made one extra trip for bait ( 70 KM round trip ). We were Back at the truck at 7.15 and home at 10.20 . Did I mention that there was 3' of new snow , all your movement take 3 or 4 times as much energy when the snow is deeper than your waist. Resetting all the snares and dragging 600+ pounds of bait to the bait site would = a 3 KM hike through snow that is somewhere between you waist and chest, Thought I was having a hart attack a couple times. And I still have a few hours tomorrow cleaning up the equipment. So I hope this shows you just how much work goes into trapping wolves. And in a few days we will hit the other bait piles
What general area you trapping?

Guys that hunt in this area should jump in with some dollars to make a difference....

This is how it's done guys, grassroots, not waiting for government or someone else to fix the problem. Heck the scariest words ever said are 'We are from the government, and we are here to help!"