Thread: Semi successful first hunting season

Threaded View

Semi successful first hunting season

Just spent 5 days in regions 2 & 3 with the stick and string, the dry heat seems to have had pretty much everything hunkered down where I was, even in the alpine. Didn't see one legal deer the whole trip and just finally ran into the first bear of the trip this morning...just a small one but had a nice coat, tried to put a stalk on it but lost it in the timber at just over 40 yards. This was my first hunting trip ever and I feel like I learned a lot and located some good spots for next season if the weather is a bit more productive. Did manage to harvest my first animal this time around and I'm super proud even though it's no velvet 4 point and it's about 15 years late, better late than never right? My uncle did a lot of moose hunting when I was a kid but unfortunately my dad never picked up the skills to pass on to me so I'm trying to learn as much as possible in order to pass the knowledge down to my son who is now 8 and super excited about getting out in the bush himself in a few years. Will definitely be going out again next opportunity I get and am looking for any help I can get, will help pack out meat in exchange for experience whether it's bow or rifle hunting. Good luck this season boys, hopefully it cools down sooner than later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grouse1-01.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	6458  

2. Site Sponsor