Hey everyone

I've been a member for awhile now and up until now have been reading a lot, but this is my first post.

My brother and I decided last year that we wanted to try hunting and we both fell in love with it. My only complaint was that we were spending a little too much time in the truck (the more experienced hunters we were learning from are mainly roadhunters and while I've got nothing against it I'd much rather put boots to the ground.)

I used to hike and back country camp quite a bit when I was younger and thought this year I'd have a go at a backpack deer hunt. My brother and I plan on doing a scouting trip in 2 weeks and are looking for an area where we can hike in for 2-3 hours and be reasonably secluded from the noise of quads and trucks. So far we've been looking at Barkley Valley near D'Arcy, Mt. Davis just off the Coq or Illal meadows.

Are we headed in the right direction thinking about these areas considering our limited experience? Do they hold a reasonable amount of game? If we're way off track can anyone recommend a different area that's good to hike into and get little away from general hunting traffic? (no honey holes needed obviously)

We're located in the Lower Mainland but are willing to drive a ways out if necessary. Any help/general advice is greatly appreciated!