Key is for crayfish, August - October are the magic months... they're big, active and plentiful.

Lots of lakes are infested... jones, kawkawa, stave, pitt, parts of harrison, silver lake... etc. Some places I wouldn't want to eat them from like the fraser and salmon river... and some places I left out because they are my crawdad honey holes ;-P

I have a lake in mind that is super clear and good for snorkeling the shallows for crayfish. We're going to make some underwater crayfish trapping vids, probably in August that will make even south GA jealous.

One thing cool thing I learned over the years is that you can watch a crayfish walk for an hour and when you spook it, it does the tail-flick thing to retreat in the exact path that it came from (in seconds instead of an hour) ... experimented a little with having a net where it came from, 10 meters away and having someone else spook it. It's one thing to put a net a foot behind it and spook it into the net, but its fun to get someone else to spook it and have it make several dashes/turns and still end up in the net. Seems random but its not. They are like little robots and their instinct is to "rewind".