• Other

7 3.87%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hunt Buddy BC vs iHunter BC Apps

Re: Hunt Buddy BC vs iHunter BC Apps

HB works great all the time!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Hunt buddy is great. Would like to see some of the special maps from the regs like Fraser valley restricted areas map over layed for use in GPS mode. Would be very handy

The part you mentioned about wanting the app to track does not kill the battery on the cell used my I hunter today tracked all the roads i was on from 10 am til 3 pm and still had 75% life on it, then i email the map with my track to my hom computer.

May be an old post on here but was just looking up the Hunt Buddy and seen your post,

Cheers
    Now for a little ha ha!

What's the difference between a hunter and a fisherman? A hunter lies in wait. A fisherman waits and lies

I just purchased this app. How accurate are the MU map boundry lines on their maps? Its exactly what I wanted, but I am hoping someone can chime in and validate the map accuracy as it relates to the MU boundry lines.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman76 View Post
    I just purchased this app. How accurate are the MU map boundry lines on their maps? Its exactly what I wanted, but I am hoping someone can chime in and validate the map accuracy as it relates to the MU boundry lines.
    Both iHunter and Hunt buddy use the same GIS data provided by the BC government on their open data portal. I can't speak for HuntBuddy, but iHunter does do some minor simplification of boundaries to get polygons that consume slightly less resources than unsimplified (I develop the iHunter BC app). It doesn't have any noticeable visual effect on the boundary.

Reach can probably comment on whether he does any simplification for the boundaries in HuntBuddy.

Also remember that visual boundaries are not official, and only the legislation that defines boundaries is enforceable. Neither app can display a visual representation of a legal boundary, because by definition there isn't one.
    Last edited by markstenroos; 03-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Just installed HB, looking forward to giving it a go, neighbor uses iHunt so should be able to see the differences.

Cheers for the cool app

HuntBuddy for the win here, local product made by hunters for hunters... love hearing the bugle when its leh time!, one of the few apps that i actually use on a regular basis

Great app!! I use it for work and hunting, highly recommend to everyone! The trick I find for loading maps when you out of cell service, load your map prior to loosing service and it will work great for loading the area as long as you keep the app open

Hunt Buddy sounds awesome, I'll have to download it later tonight.

I Hunter is available from b.c. to nova scotia. And most western states. If its a rip off, they sure did a lot more with it!
    Hunt buddy may have been in b.c. longer and have more market share, but I Hunter is a very good product.
    We interviewed the creator of I hunter on our podcast, so maybe I'm biased.

Cheers
    John
    www.highlanderhunting.podbean.com