Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bison hunting and denial of heart attack

Re: Bison hunting and denial of heart attack

I used to work up on cardiac. Woulda walked into his room then told him i was gonna go eat my buffalo burgers hehehe

Snowhunter, he's a lucky guy. Not just to get the LEH in the first place, but to start the hunt with you.

I have no doubt you saved his life.

snowhunter you saved your buddy and it will take time to take this all in.
    I hope he get's back on his feet and we thank you for your care and concern for others.
    Jel .. You did good

My hunting partner for the last 30 years + is back home, eating prescribed rat poison, among others, to clean out his clogged arteries etc.

My hunting partner want to thank all of you for all your well wishes for him, which was a nice surprise for him that you fellow the B.C. hunters cared for him, and it greatly improved his mood when he learned about your care for him as a fellow hunter. It was very important for him to hear from you He is giving his hunting a rest this season, but is contemplating to go hunting again next season, and has enough venison to last him into next season.

His wife does not want him to go Bison hunting again, and when she recover her senses again, she will understand that his heart attack would have happen anywhere and anyplace, unrelated to his activities, and has nothing to do with the Bison hunt.

Thanks again for your concerns.

Cheers,

Snowhunter

Your very welcome snowhunter and we all look skyward and send a lil prayer for your best life long hunting buddy.
    Jelvis we circle you with positive vibes in best wishes for a strong recovery

Make sure he turns in his Bison tag so someone else can use it. Hope he is mending you definatly saved his life, heart attack is my one big fear as the men in my Family start dying from them in the early 40's and with the interest I have I always figure if I have one it will miles from a hospital so odds are it will be fatal. I hope I have a good mate with me if it happens to drive me to the ER.

I can really relate to this thread... While on a grizzly hunt in 7-38 on the Mesilinka River with my son, I started to get "the symptoms". I had had a major heart attack a few years earlier and should have known better. I finally admitted to my son that I was having an attack. He drove us all the way back to Fort St. John suggesting that we stop at the hospital in Chetwynd; but I was having none of that. By the time we got home I was feeling good and thought that they may have been false symptoms (DENIAL...). Finally I came to my senses and went to emergency where I was told that I had suffered another heart attack.

Glad he made it through. A lesson to be learned from this for sure.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Wow that sucks, good on yah for tricking him into the hospital.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat