Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antelope Hunts

Re: Antelope Hunts

I would guess around low to mid 70's, like I said just a guess. I tried to score the 2 that I have shot, but not really sure on where and what too measure.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch
    What is the score on a buck like this one ? I see the min. for B&C is 80, so am trying to get an idea what a Booner would look like.

Hey Mod 88 , Nice Antelope with sweeping back horns . In Montana years ago I arrowed one with 15 1/2" horns and it scored just over 68 points . This may give you some idea of your score .

REMEMBER Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Score by adding up a few dimensions -
    a- length of each horn
    b,c,d,e - circumferences at each quarter, each side
    f- length of each prong

Hey Boxhitch , It should be pointed out that should any 'quarter' measurement touch the swell on the underside of the prong , That measurement must move above the prong . Boy o boy does that hurt . LOL

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingeetab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I cant remember exactly what I scored it at but I think in high 60's or just a hair under 70. The horns are not that long only about 13 inches. Being a sheep guy I went for mass over length. There were a couple of other bucks in the group, one looked like a mountain goat with straight curving back horns and the other was longer then mine but thinner. I shot the one that looked like a pronghorn to me and had pretty good weigth and thats why I shot him.

I am thinking of going back in a few years and looking for a bigger one in Wyoming.

BHB

diggerpax is offline "Shoot 'em in the guts"

I'm from Wyoming, and have 5 or 6 antelope in Pope and Young- the buck in the pic looks like an upper 60's buck. A 15 1/2" buck should score at least mid 70's unless it has no mass or cutters, or it's not really 15 1/2. Most people talk about height and cutters, but mass plays a huge part in a goat's score. Wyoming is without a doubt your best bet for antelope. Gillette is a great area, as is Douglas, but I think the largest bucks come from the red dessert. 14 inch bucks are a dime a dozen. Anything over 15 is a good buck, and a trophy in my book.

WoodOx Guest

diggerpax can you give any info on non residents appliying for tags etc? What we need?

diggerpax is offline "Shoot 'em in the guts"

I have no idea, I've kept my Wyoming residency. You can call the Game and Fish department in Cheyenne Wyoming and they will give you all the details. Antelope are very different to hunt, if you go, hit me up for help if you want.