Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of building a smoker

Re: Thinking of building a smoker

I just finished building mine i'll post some pics later. Mine is 2'6" by 2'6" by 4'6" and that is plenty big. I lined it with sheet metal i got from a guy who builds comercial freezers, probably similar to furnace ducting. I also used 2x4 construction and I insulated it with roxul fire rated insulation from the hardware store. I rigged up my own temperature controller for not very much money, I found all the instructions on the internet. Just finished my first smoke on the weekend I am able to get up to 235 degrees which i was hoping for to do ribs and brisket and such. I havent made any sausage yet but i think i should be able to get at least 50 pounds in it. I did some chicken and ribs for dinner on Sunday and they were amazing!

I posted some pics here, if you have any questions let me know I'd be happy to help you

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...y-smoker-build

Well I built a smoker 4ft high 2 FT deep little over 2 ft wide , electric burner sittin on the bottom , my issue im not getting a lot of smoke from wood chips . Seems very warm in side still need to add thermostate tomorrow . Just thought it would be a lot more smoke. Might have to get a bigger burner?
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

I left a truck canopy behind at a house I was renting once. When I went back to get it the new tenants had decided it would make a good smoker. Needless to say, it was ruined as a canopy.