Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall tents Canvas VS cabelas alaknak

Re: Wall tents Canvas VS cabelas alaknak

I also own an Alaknac2 12x20 but don't see it lasting for more than 10 years.

For a lighter weight canvas option , check out Snowtrekker tents . easy setup and plenty tough , the door is at a weird slope but a fly provides protection.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I have two wall tents. A 1956 14 x 16 - 4 foot walls, still going strong, but a light canvas.

My go to 12 x 14 wall tent, I bought from Vantage Point Outfitters and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a cabin in the woods. Tough 10mm canvas, sleeps 4 men easily with gear and stove burning. Hang enough clothes up to suck up the snoring as well.

Have used both, prefer the Alaknak. It does not suck up moisture and need drying with a dehumidifier so mold does not set in (live in the soggy Vancouver area where drying anything out is a problem). We have the 12x20 which will sleep four like kings, would still be cramped with 8. We have not had a problem with condensation, just keep all the vent holes open and the stove going.

Got the cabelas outfitter ISQ 10x14 tent off a HBC member, love it. With 6 ISQ it'll sleep 8-10 easily, has vestibule as well for cooking/boot room. Tent material is much lighter, poles are quite heavy but could easily fab up from saplings in woods.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/ensem...nsembleId=6100

Wife and I got the Alaknak 12x12 and love it! Absolute water and wind proof and can be carried on the back off a quad. I can set up in 20 min and easy to clean and dry!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    i dont think u will find a tent that sleeps 8. I have a 14x16x5 and it won't hold 8, unless everyone is shoulder to shoulder with no gear inside. 5 is about max, maybe 6
    I have a 16x24 that will sleep 8 easily