Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is forum advice on areas to hunt current? Credible?

Re: Is forum advice on areas to hunt current? Credible?

Yes, and I bet your comments are not 29 years old, nor plagiarized from another publication. Your advice has some credibility, based on what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Jel takes the time to post, better than some! Ask questions, and then go out and sort it out for real. I give a lot of advice about areas north of quesnel. Some areas it has been a while since I was there, but if I tell you there are critters there, there is! You may have to work to find them, after all, thats hunting! Moosin

Quote Originally Posted by rmcda1 View Post
    Actually, there are posts too numerous to list where 29 year old information is quoted, without letting readers know that it is not personal knowledge nor the age of the information. I think that if someone is writing posts that give the impression that knowledge is personal and reasonably current (those articles which were plagiarized are 29 years old),

I have been hunting for a few years ( on and off between illlnesses about 35) so I am familiar with some areas. I am not starting out and specifically looking for hunting spots. I just like to keep abreast of what is going on and where, and appreciate (as I have mentioned in my post) information. You speculated that I am looking for honey holes / gps co-ordinates is misplaced and not the point of my post.
    I get what you are saying.
    You've been a member of this forum for 6 years and only have 16 posts.
    If you were more involved you would gain some valuable experience and be able to tell fact from fiction.
    So it's like with any community if you get involved and people get to know you and maybe you will get some valuable information.
    Nobody really likes outsiders.
    Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers

Nobody here signed an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

This is the internet,so whatever Jelly says must be true! Ease up, I don,t think anybody believed His Royal Jelliness was imparting all that info from his own experience when he first posted it.You are certainly a few years behind in pointing it out. cheers and good luck this season

Quote Originally Posted by rmcda1 View Post
    Yes, and I bet your comments are not 29 years old, nor plagiarized from another publication. Your advice has some credibility, based on what you said.
    And is this a pick on Jelvis thread. Jel has never harmed any one or said bad things about anybody on this board.Talk to him in a PM and stop trying to belittle him on here. I have never met him and he sounds like a great guy from the PM's I have had with him. Where he gets his info from shouldn't matter. You do not have to read what he posts either.

We've got a new sheriff in town.. LOL Jelvis is here to goof around a bit and have fun. Read some of his non hunting related posts in Open Chat and you may clue in some. Its called humour.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Nothing wrong with passing on old second hand info, but it sure don't boost your credibility when you don't pass that "LITTLE" tidbit along with said info.......

OOOPS, eh Jelly..........
    Thanks - you get it. As I mentioned in my original comments, I appreciate all information. BUT, by plagiarizing, word for word information that is 29 years old, first the "information is dated, and because the said member is almost an icon on this forum (apparently), one might give the advice more weight than it should receive. On the other hand, many comments about the member seem to give the impression that he should not be taken seriously.

My level of involvement is irrelevant. The only point that is relevant is that a member presents 29 year old information, plagiarized from someone else. It doesn't matter how many posts that person has to make his contribution less meaningful or credible.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I get what you are saying.
    You've been a member of this forum for 6 years and only have 16 posts.
    If you were more involved you would gain some valuable experience and be able to tell fact from fiction.
    So it's like with any community if you get involved and people get to know you and maybe you will get some valuable information.
    Nobody really likes outsiders.
    Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers

Nobody here signed an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

theres game in all parts of this province and the province is so big some people just need some direction. Jelvis's post do that.

He lists off so many places and roads that he will list off some " Honey Holes ". But almost every road in this Province will have some honey holes if you can find them
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

i am familiar with humour, and i also know that empty vessels make the loudest noise. If one gives advice / information, why not be honest and tell people it is 29 yeasr old and not his knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    We've got a new sheriff in town.. LOL Jelvis is here to goof around a bit and have fun. Read some of his non hunting related posts in Open Chat and you may clue in some. Its called humour.

Thanks - you get it. As I mentioned in my original comments, I appreciate all information. BUT, by plagiarizing, word for word information that is 29 years old, first the "information is dated, and because the said member is almost an icon on this forum (apparently), one might give the advice more weight than it should receive. On the other hand, many comments about the member seem to give the impression that he should not be taken seriously.
    So you know his advice is old and not credible for many areas, take it for what it is. If it really bugs you then you can use the ignore feature.