Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hassled hunting?

Re: Hassled hunting?

I don'tthink I've ever bene "hassled" although some mountain bikers did tell me "there is a tonne of grouse around the corner"..but I'm not big on hunting, dude...

3 mins later BANG BANG BANG with the 20 guage...Only time I got a triple with a O/U
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I carry a bottle of skunk scent for those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Franko, I think there are laws against interfering with a legal hunt. Maybe the cops might have been of some use to you?

Wolfman
    Yep but we were way the heck and gone in the back country... just wasn't worth the effort at the time. Funny enough after we chatted with them and decided to leave we got around the corner just out of sight and damned if the biggest mythical hybrid deer/elk/moose didn't walk right out in front of us... we immediately bailed out of the truck and let fly with a few rounds.

Missed!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Not really hassling but I was stopped on a FSR getting my gear ready to hike into a spot when a woman pulled up in her SUV, she drove past me a bit, then stopped, backed up. When she rolled down her window she said
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today"

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    Not really hassling but I was stopped on a FSR getting my gear ready to hike into a spot when a woman pulled up in her SUV, she drove past me a bit, then stopped, backed up. When she rolled down her window she said
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today"
    hahhahahahahhahahah

awesome!!!!

If I had a nickel for every time a mountina biker said "you are hunitng on a mountain bike trail" and I replied "it was a deer trail until a few years ago"... I'd be rich..
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

sfire436 Guest

Bear sniper is BANG ON! As fufulling as it would be to become confrontational and start telling these people just how silly and stupid they are (though some are not, just being active citizens) It is still in our best interest to remain calm and consructivley tell them of your actions and what it is you are actually doing. Give them no ammunition to go after us as "gun crazy rednecks" and so forth.Always show yourself as a repectful member of this great province and if they continue to be irrate then by al means suggest they take down your licence plate and report to the CO office, just make sure to call the office first and let them know of the situation to cover your arse.

sfire436 Guest

Hmmm just got a though, bear spray? they should invent "anti" spray. Once they start to become aggresive just like bears your just spray it in their faces and watch them run!

You guys missed all the good times when I was small and my dad was bear guiding it used to be a high speed chase every morning so the Bearwatch basterds with their megaphones couldn't keep up. Then there was the whole stalking thing one of our family friends started recieving videos of his kids going to and from school and notes left on his car. Guy and his wife driving home from dinner and getting followed and they called the cops and the people in the car were taken in for concealed weapons. Then came the poison mousetraps, thats when the cops really cracked down on them and all of it funded by a sweet old lady from the comox valley!! Boy I sure don't miss those good old days at all.

I would always smile at antis.

Be nice, smile alot

More fun that way

Smile and be polite, never lose your temper, that way they cannot come back at you when you call the cops.