Thread: FSJ Geese

FSJ Geese

Well I shot my first Canada Goose tonight and when I cooked part of the breast up it was tasty but tough as an old leather boot. Any suggestions on how to cook them so they are not as tough.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FSJ Geese

Do not over cook waterfowl. Slightly pink in the middle is the way to go. Depending how it is cooked, low and slow is the key. Ron
    Last edited by rbduck; 09-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

Most people think of it like chicken, that it has to be fully cooked. Not so. Cook till medium.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I just started last year so my knowledge is limited but i found duck in a slow cooker with some canned peaches to be good. Or put some potatoe celery, carrots, and other veggies in the pot. it takes a while to cook but comes out tender.

Smoke them, the best and easiest way to cook them.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I agree with Sitka. Either smoke and/or marinade the night before with some sort of fruit whether it be cherries, peaches, orange/rosemary or apple. Lots of recipes to Google.

I eat a LOT of goose, here are some of my favs. Anything in a slow cooker,ie, Gumbo, Jambalia, sweet and sour, etc. Sausage, all kinds pepperoni, salami, frying etc. Smoked, and my favorite last year a pounded breast schnitzel. If you are roasting or BBQing as stated medium rare is the way to go.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Slow cooker with BBQ sauce. Shred it after and put it on a bun with a big slab of cheese. Pulled pork/chipped beef style. yum

I will have to say in the deep fryer. Got a turkey fryer for making beer and cooking up the game..
    Common sense is dead,