Thread: The Truth About Shotgun Ammo

The Truth About Shotgun Ammo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Truth About Shotgun Ammo

Here is a really cool video - The Right Way to Shoot a Double

Last edited by Kudu; 08-24-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

I suggest that anyone interested in Shotguns and the real world aspects of using them check out some Randy Wakeman. Always an entertaining and informative read, the man does good work!

*EDIT*

Take anything Randy says as a basis for your own testing. After reading more of his work, I must say I agree less with much of what I have read. Particularily a Browning BPS vs Ithaca Model 37 article in addition to some things concerning aftermarket Choke Tubes, among other things. Results will always vary somewhat with Shotguns, it is all part of what makes them so fascinating.

The Field & Stream article is a very interesting read and Federal Premium has quite the facility there, to say the least! I have found myself returning to it for a re-read on a couple of occasions.

The shooting doubles video posted above is a good time! Fun to watch.

Thank You
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 12-12-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Good to know. I just switched from 3 1/2 to 3 this year so me and a buddy can share a box. Didn't seem to matter for me. Maybe it was the new choke as well but no cripples today.
    See if the theory stands tomorrow as well.

Good read thanks for posting
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach