Thread: 3-42 November LEH Moose

3-42 November LEH Moose

Hi guys,

My brother, dad, and I got the November LEH for bull moose (group) and antlerless mule (each) in Unit 3-42. I've never been to this area before and this will be my first moose hunt so I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight. We will also be looking into the open season mule/white tailed bucks during the hunt in November.

I've had a detailed look at the area on Google Earth and I will be driving up this weekend to scout out the area.

What are the snow conditions like in November? Will it be essential to bring up the quads?

Any insight is much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-42 November LEH Moose

It is a significant snowbelt. Bring chains for your truck and some years you can be pushing too much snow even for the quad. I've been on a sled as early as mid Nov in that country. Right now there is a significant amount of logging activity going on. A twoway radio is very adviseable, especially in Nov when their ain't alot of pullouts plowed and there is ice on the roads. You have your work cut out for you when it comes to both moose and deer. The wolf pressure has been intense the last 5 years and the critters that have survived have done so by staying tight to the thick.

Re: 3-42 November LEH Moose

Thanks for the insight!