Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Slam 2013-2014

Re: Waterfowl Slam 2013-2014

If you want proof Lorne then print a copy of this post and put it in the pic

Not that good a bird hunter so an islander can show me how it's done on mainland.

Im in, it will be my first year hunting ducks outside of ontario but it should be a great year, only 10 days till opener in kamloops and Ive got duck on the mind thats for sure.

I picked up a new choke and patterned it this weekend, shoots sweeeeet!! I'm ready!

Hmmmm.....

Let the fun begin! Can't wait for duck season now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

just lookin at the list and I know it will be hard enough already but should redhead not be included in the diver duck section. saw one not far from kamloops last year. hoping to drop one or two this season

Season opens today up in the Peace, so I'm in.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post

We got one a few years back to. Only one ive ever see in hand though. I just wanted to add one suggestion/request that all pictures used for verification must have something to prove its from this year. Putting up a 1 and 3 (for 2013) would solve that.
    If you guys agree, how about 3 fingers out in a picture or put 3 shells in the picture if its a picture of birds only.

A few more points, those who are in declare so when they post their first picture. This is a fun activity for the site, you are on your honor to post up only birds you shot yourself. I'm not a judge but if guys start questioning posts or there's conflicts, I'll have to shut it down. If your buddy takes one of the rarer birds post anyway and give them credit. It's always cool to see the rare birds and it will inspire others to get out looking for them. Lastly, don't hold back your pictures. It will be better if everyone can follow along all season.
    For the newer hunters who sign up, post up your first double, triple, limit or whatever and I'll note it in your list.
    When you post up your first picture and declare it in the Slam, I'll copy it and paste it in the locked thread and future updates to your list.
    Good luck everyone!!!
    I should also add here the Waterfowl Slam was suggested by Kudu(if I remember correctly); Big Boar, and Lorne Parker and many others on the site posted up ideas on different ways to do this and I think this format should work well. At the end of Brant season we'll see what changes (if any) can be implemented for next year.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I am in and so is my bro, this is going to be fun!