Page 51 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Sitting in my blind waiting for it to get light. Coach and 358mag are in place. Hopefully today us the day.
    Only variable I'm not happy with is the wind conditions. Hopefully they don't bite us in the ass today. The deer are here, fingers crossed.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

You think rattling will still work at this point of the rut?

I pulled my cam today after over two weeks. I was disappointed to see only 5 pics of a doe and fawn. The camera sits alongside heavy game trails with tons of deer tracks in the snow. There is a stand of alders within 100ft of the cam with multiple fresh rubs. I had a pile of rolled oats and barley in front of the cam and am suprised at the lack of pics. Can anyone recommend a more effective bait? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    I pulled my cam today after over two weeks. I was disappointed to see only 5 pics of a doe and fawn. The camera sits alongside heavy game trails with tons of deer tracks in the snow. There is a stand of alders within 100ft of the cam with multiple fresh rubs. I had a pile of rolled oats and barley in front of the cam and am suprised at the lack of pics. Can anyone recommend a more effective bait? Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like your issue isn't with your bait if I'm reading things correctly. If the heavy game trails has tons of deer track in the snow, sounds like your camera is the issue and not triggering effectively. Sounds like you also have lots of deer within 100ft of your setup as well. Try relocating your camera and re-evaluate after another week. The spot you've choosen for your bait may be not the best or ideal spot in whitetails eyes, try moving it 100'. Usually bait isn't the issue, it's us (hunters) or our equipment or setup.
    Sheep and Shepherds, way too many of one and not enough of the other.....if you're reading this, stop spending too much time on the internet and get into the bush!

Back home to "WT Camp" tonight after a long day in the blinds for all of us.
    358Mag and Coach sat tape to tape from predawn to last shooting light.

358 had an opportunity on a pretty solid buck right off the hop.
    He was still getting organized in the blind at first light when he heard footsteps.
    Buck!
    And apparently a solid one.
    Short story version.....buck bolted as he was getting the gun on it.
    Great start to the day.
    I had high hopes for this location....nice to see it panning out after all that work.
    358Mag will be in there again predawn tomorrow.

Coach sat in another one of my blinds close by.
    After a long day of sitting he closed on a buck at 4:50.
    Good job Coach!

NOTE......90% of the WT I see while sitting are at the last vestiges of legal shooting light.
    NEVER pull out too early when it comes to WT this time of year!!!!!! (go easy on this comment)
    If ur sitting on a trail or a site, never pull the pin at 4pm because you have a bit of a hike back to the truck.
    Don't pull the pin at 4:15......or at 4:30.
    Stay to last legal shooting light.... PERIOD!

Would have been so cool if 358Mag got it done today as well.

Coach just hung his buck in my backyard.
    Time for a well earned beer in the hot tub now.... admiring Coach's handy work hanging beside us.

Still one day left.
    I remain hopeful that tomorrow is the day for me despite passing on a decent 4 earlier today.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Sitting in my blind waiting for it to get light. Coach and 358mag are in place. Hopefully today us the day.
    Only variable I'm not happy with is the wind conditions. Hopefully they don't bite us in the ass today. The deer are here, fingers crossed.
    Must have been the crossed fingers because someone "lucked" into one today..
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Nice work boyz, good luck tomorrow
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Niiiice, well done Coach; hope you guys seal the deal tomorrow.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Looks like 358mag is done now as well. I just heard a shot from that area. (There's no cell reception there so I can't confirm with him) Hope he is kind enough to pack up my blind for me.
    Good to see the boys go 2 for 2 in 24 hrs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Looks like 358mag is done now as well. I just heard a shot from that area. (There's no cell reception there so I can't confirm with him) Hope he is kind enough to pack up my blind for me.
    Good to see the boys go 2 for 2 in 24 hrs!
    Good to see that old Husq still goes bang!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !