Page 50 of 197 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Found another set of boot prints close to where I access one of my active sites.
    Sure enough they B lined right to the cam.
    The "hunter" walked up from behind the cam, based on his tracks...deliberately avoided it... checking the game trails to the left and right...then plopped down 60 yards away for a sit.
    Yet another gutpile hunter.
    Good luck buddy!!!!

Moving on.....

I don't pack a gun until I find a "target"....then I'm all in.
    Guess what this means...

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Lack of accumulating snow has been a negative for the push of mature bucks down to my area.
    Set up high and you can lose inventory quickly when the snow flies.....
    Set up lower and you can get burned if the snow doesn't come.

Despite the lack of snow I have a couple solid new customers that are hanging around with some consistency.
    Not true "hammer" bucks so sorry to disappoint the hardcore WT killers.....
    Customer number one.......
    He is a very respectable buck but not a jaw dropper.
    No junk.....and you know I love junk.
    Regardless, he's pretty decent.

Check out the physical difference between this nice buck and his 2 yr old friend.

I only have the one video of this target of interest.
    He appears to be pretty darn solid....good mass....great tine length.....tremendous height overall, which is a common genetic trait for some of the bucks in this area.

I thought he was the previously posted buck but his mass is considerably heavier and antler configuration slightly different.
    This guy appears to be "the one".

Coach is on his way down tomorrow, meeting me here at 5am.
    He is going to sit in a blind that has multiple bucks passing by every day.
    Stone cold killer in his own right, 358mag, is jumping in another blind near by.

These spots are very consistent for younger bucks during daylight.
    Killer is that wind is so inconsistent always favoring the WT ( inserting the obvious observation here...wonder why they are so comfortable in this area despite being so close to a road! )

It's an east west drainage with the predominant winds being north or south.
    There is a stable high pressure right now with light north winds.
    This causes for a swirling effect at times.
    If the winds are moderate to strong the spots are golden.
    If it's a slight breeze they are in for a tough day regardless of blind location.

The boys better be on point with their puffers!
    Could be a bit of a boxing match with the wind.

Speaking of boxers....

I will update this thread with detailed observations when I have more time.
    I respect that a few new/layman WT hunters are looking at this so I will try to help ur quest and growth with my observations and in sharing them.
    The spirit of this thread is to get more into WT hunting as they are a great challenge and endless hunting resource for the most part. They are one of the few species in BC that are "less boot" and "more brain".

And to all you hardcore WT killers that need absolutely no insight from me.......I hope you feel my pain.
    I hope my misery gives you some pleasure.
    Big buck WT hunting is a pleasure pain relationship.

It makes victory that much sweeter though!!

Couple real beauties you got lined up for the boys. Good luck guys, cut some tags!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Great thread, and great vids...so you think some of the 'big boys' haven't been pushed down yet due to snow levels?? Wouldn't they have come down lower by now to tend to does???

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great thread, and great vids...so you think some of the 'big boys' haven't been pushed down yet due to snow levels?? Wouldn't they have come down lower by now to tend to does???
    The big buck activity as i have noticed is a few hundred feet higher in elevation this year than previous years .
    We still have decent bucks 2 1/2 yo 4 and 5 points showing up at mid elevation . One 3 1/2 yo has shown up twice in the last week . Im seeing does up real high still aswell so they are fairly scattered . But judging from the tracks popping up the real stompers are mostly up high still . Changes things up to say the least this year

Cheers
    Mc
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”