Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Some awesome bucks there Nimrod!
    Thanks for sharing
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Just got back from a camera pull of a couple sites. Few scrapes starting to show up and things are slowly getting active. That major dump of snow sure has the deer piling up together. Fun few weeks ahead!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

First buck to hit the legacy scrape in 2020. 5th year in a row I've had him on camera. I believe he's 8 now. Far from a shooter but a good one for someone to remove from the gene pool.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Seems to be a bumper crop of age class whitetails this year.

So far no Grampa this year. If I don’t get him on camera in the next week, I’m going to assume he didn’t make last winter.
    Nice to have some new target bucks to help getting over Grampa’s potential demise.
    Thanks for sharing HCBC!
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post

So far no Grampa this year. If I don’t get him on camera in the next week, I’m going to assume he didn’t make last winter.
    Nice to have some new target bucks to help getting over Grampa’s potential demise.
    Thanks for sharing HCBC!
    Yes, age class looks quite solid from what's been pouring in on my cams. Don't have any heart-stoppers to focus on just yet but there is plenty of time.

Great job Highcountry, you keep this old thread of mine rolling.
    I am sure you will offer quality insight and current information that many will benifit from.

Threads like these are good for our sport and keep folks amped.

Tip of the hat and great job

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post

Thanks for sharing HCBC!
    How how was gramps, around 10 you think?

Good to hear that you guys are seeing good age class in WT bucks this year...I helped a buddy get a 6x5 this year and my son and I while fishing, saw the biggest WT buck of my life this summer, but I have been a little concerned thus far with the quantity of WT bucks...I hope that the population is healthy numbers wise and that maybe my lack of sightings this year is more due to the weather...I guess we'll see as the rut and pre rut activity starts to pick up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Great job Highcountry, you keep this old thread of mine rolling.
    I am sure you will offer quality insight and current information that many will benifit from.

Threads like these are good for our sport and keep folks amped.

Tip of the hat and great job
    This is the most subscribed thread on HBC and for good reason. That's really saying something when a topic about whitetails garners more interest than stone sheep, elk etc. on a BC hunting forum.

Inspire and educate - you've certainly done that with this thread. I don't think there's a right way or wrong way to hunt whitetails. There is definitely approaches that will provide more consistent success. I'm not here to tell people how they should hunt or interpret information. Just provide my observations and let them take it from there.

One thing I will say and stand behind - whitetails in this province are still a heavily under-utilized resource. They withstand heavy harvest and pressure and adapt extremely well. They not only survive in these environments, but continue to flourish. I just have to shake my head when people say there aren't any whitetails left. Meanwhile I'm over here with countless does and upwards of 17 different bucks rolling though a single camera trap site in a week.

Enough of that - let's get to some hunting talk.

Welcome to whitetail camp.

Here's a young deer I had last year. Knew he had potential when I saw him as he was only a 3 y/o. He showed back up this year and put on some considerable inches. If he makes it another season and continues his growth trend, we may be looking at a shooter in 2021.