Page 124 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Not to take away from the origins of this post, which is by far one of the best HBC has ever had.

I had two guys follow my tracks in last week, stop when they saw the blind, then wave at me and come marching right up the shooting lane, where my crossbow was pointed right at them.......they asked how my luck was, if I had seen anything and if I had shot anything for this blind. Biting my tongue, I replied is short answers....they finally got the hint, apologized and then proceeded to walk back out the same way they came in. A short 700m road with two truck already parked on it and they decided to add their SXS to the parking lot and go for a walk.......

Keep up the good work Ourea!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Really been going off out there lately!
    Hope some are finding the time to take advantage of this ramp up in daytime activity.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Classic rutting trot

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Always love your vids, the rutting activity is ramping up, the WT buck I shot on Saturday was chasing a doe..

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I like to think that most hunters are cool guys and respectful.
    Having said that, guys have sat in my blinds and have hunted over my sites on numerous occasions.
    It's not my forest but it sure as shit is my blind.
    To be truthful, a little mixed on this. I have a couple of cameras out there and some elevated tree stands but I in no way feel like I have priority over the spot. I would be upset if someone were to use my elevated stand, but a ground blind, I think that is fair game. We need to be careful not to start privatizing public land based on "who was there first". I get it, you put in the time, build blinds, and someone else comes across you spot. . . frustrating. However it is public land, simple as that. Based on the OP's argument, i could build a blind and claim the spot for myself forever. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Not trying to disrespect anyone, just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post
    To be truthful, a little mixed on this. I have a couple of cameras out there and some elevated tree stands but I in no way feel like I have priority over the spot. I would be upset if someone were to use my elevated stand, but a ground blind, I think that is fair game. We need to be careful not to start privatizing public land based on "who was there first". I get it, you put in the time, build blinds, and someone else comes across you spot. . . frustrating. However it is public land, simple as that. Based on the OP's argument, i could build a blind and claim the spot for myself forever. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Building a blind that is left in the bush year round is different (at least to me) than a purchased pop up blind that is there for a couple weeks of the year. You want to use a pop up blind in the same area, go ahead but go buy one and set one up yourself.

My two cents.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Agreed! Never left a pop - up out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Building a blind that is left in the bush year round is different (at least to me) than a purchased pop up blind that is there for a couple weeks of the year. You want to use a pop up blind in the same area, go ahead but go buy one and set one up yourself.

My two cents.

SSS

[QUOTE=Ourea;1957029]Really been going off out there lately!
    Hope some are finding the time to take advantage of this ramp up in daytime activity.

It's really on right now. I rattled in a nice buck on Sunday but he came in behind me and I missed him. So much fun when the WT are stupid and love struck. I am full of optimism every time I am out there. It's the best time of the year!! Love the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post

You would sit in someone else’s blind? Hope you don’t mind if I borrow your quad for a bit. Maybe I’ll go through your backpack and borrow some items for the day.

Crown land is public and people can hunt where they want. Most of us expect that but sitting in someone else’s blind they purchased, over a site they put a ton of work into is just so pathetic imo.

Any of my partners would just tip their cap and keep on moving. Plenty of land out there for everyone without stepping on each other. Most hunters would be amazed at what they find out there by putting in a little sweat and covering some miles.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

off topic a little.........