Page 107 of 197 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great vids thanks for sharing...I too like to hunt those vegetation transition zones..are you finding the numbers of whitetail are decreasing in your area due to the abundance of preds that you've mentioned your cams are picking up?? How about elk this year, you getting decent numbers of them, or are the preds and FN's harvest causing a noticeable impact??
    I highly doubt the scarring on this doe is from playing long darts.
    Purely speculation that this is pred related but there appears to be some trauma on the left side of this doe.

Last edited by Ourea; 06-17-2017 at 11:26 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Here is a cam that I set up on a hub.
    This group of bucks stroll by a large salt pile because it is a traffic area.
    They do sneak in on occasion for a lick but most videos are trail related

Always look forward to seeing your trail cam videos Ourea! Thanks for sharing! This one and the bear one are coming up as private videos though

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Always look forward to seeing your trail cam videos Ourea! Thanks for sharing! This one and the bear one are coming up as private videos though
    Hi Dash.
    I just checked the videos you mentioned and they were saved as public, not private.
    I just resaved them so there shouldn't be an access issue.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

I highly doubt the scarring on this doe is from playing long darts.
    Purely speculation that this is pred related but there appears to be some trauma on the left side of this doe.

Maybe she's just losing her winter hair, they get pretty scraggly this time of the year when they shed to their summer coat.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    Maybe she's just losing her winter hair, they get pretty scraggly this time of the year when they shed to their summer coat.
    They sure do ACB.
    I know this doe, she's been around for a few yrs now. She has a scar just in front of her left hip.
    It is very noticeable once her summer coat is in.
    I find it very cool that most does have a nick or two on their hide or face that allows for indentification.

Same for bucks when their antlers are not developed enough to be sure who they are

Very cool vids as always, thanks for sharing....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    So far I've had nothing but bad luck with cameras this spring...... Failing memory cards, camera trees blowing down, bears rearranging cams... and flipping my bike and wrecking my back have me losing ground instead of gaining ground in the whitey department. Expecting a swing to good luck soon

SSS
    Sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery there bud...

Hi Dash.
    I just checked the videos you mentioned and they were saved as public, not private.
    I just resaved them so there shouldn't be an access issue.
    They worked for me this time! Not sure why they didn't before. Great videos!

Picture time.
    Bone is coming in nicely.

Something obviously spooked this buck.
    Knowing how flighty WT are could have been a bird, wind..... almost anything sets their radar off.

Mr Cautious is coming along nicely.
    He's never going to be a shooter but he will be a lovely buck for some of my company this fall.