Page 162 of 197 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    Had a guy set up a blind within eyesight of my t stand. Maybe he hunted the area before I put the stand there. But the stand has been there for 4 years. Blind just went up this year. I like to think of these people as Parasites, some just have to use the energy of other people to survive. Glad I pulled a bear to that site...
    No shortage of guys riding the coattails of others. Just like that guy who set up the stand beside your site last year and killed a decent 150" buck then paraded it all over the internet.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Getting this thread back on track. For those that want to hear what a grunt and snort wheeze actually sound like.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

If it’s of any interest I could take some pics of some of my locations showing the habitat I target, examples of heavy rut sign and what I look for when searching for locations. These maybe western Alberta locations but the areas are all crown land timber whitetail hunting and I applied the same tactics in many parts of B.C..

I don’t post pics so I may need to get some assistance. The offer is there and anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time knows I don’t normally do any form of pics lol

Wild one;
    Sharing how you choose a Whitetail Spot would e greatly appreciated. I may have to look for a new spot as several "Miners" have crowded my favorite Whitetail Spot.

Quote Originally Posted by waserwolf View Post
    Wild one;
    Sharing how you choose a Whitetail Spot would e greatly appreciated. I may have to look for a new spot as several "Miners" have crowded my favorite Whitetail Spot.
    I will snap pics of a few locations as I go out and add some explanation to why. It will likely make some stop their truck and look at some areas different. Probably make some others go “you hunt that thick crap”. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Getting this thread back on track. For those that want to hear what a grunt and snort wheeze actually sound like.

Wow, that is beyond awesome! Have you had much luck using these sort of calls while hunting? Is there anything you prefer over the other? doe bleat > grunt > rattle > snort wheeze ?

Sorry to hear you have losers messing with your stuff Ourea. Some people really are pathetic..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I will snap pics of a few locations as I go out and add some explanation to why. It will likely make some stop their truck and look at some areas different. Probably make some others go “you hunt that thick crap”. Lol
    That would be awesome Wild one!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Wow, that is beyond awesome! Have you had much luck using these sort of calls while hunting? Is there anything you prefer over the other? doe bleat > grunt > rattle > snort wheeze ?

Sorry to hear you have losers messing with your stuff Ourea. Some people really are pathetic..
    Managed to get a few videos like that over the years. Definitely super cool. I've done some grunting/rattling in the past with fairly good success. It can be a very effective tactic when the pecking order is getting sorted out and things are ramping up (like right now). I'd caution against calling at your site unless you plan on harvesting. As a very selective hunter, I don't call anymore as deer wise up to it quickly.

Interesting info HighCountry, thank you! I'm thinking of trying to get a wt before the end of the season. My very first deer was a wt buck during the rut. Definitely very different than md. So cagey. Incredibly fun though. Being as I'm still new, I'll be pretty grateful for any buck so I may try doing some calling and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Interesting info HighCountry, thank you! I'm thinking of trying to get a wt before the end of the season. My very first deer was a wt buck during the rut. Definitely very different than md. So cagey. Incredibly fun though. Being as I'm still new, I'll be pretty grateful for any buck so I may try doing some calling and see what happens.
    Go get 'em. I've always found lighter rattling to work better than being super aggressive but YMMV. Had a couple dinks sparring on camera last week and it was driving a nice 4 point juvenile buck mad. Every time they would start sparring he would come running over.